Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ricker Pond Rain Out & Broccoli Salad

Ricker Pond was camping trip number 2. We have three more!

Friday was beautiful. We were all packed up and checked into our sites by 2pm.  The weather was beautiful and  we had our sites set up in no time. Too bad the weather turned to rain and we headed home a day early. It was exhausting to pack up so quickly and while drenched.

The eats were fantastic!  Burgers for dinner, with a packet of garlic and herb salad dressing mixed into the meat. Served with Swiss cheese and sauteed onions and mushrooms. Killer burgers for camping, no plain Jane when you camp with me!  On the side, broccoli salad.  Rave reviews, and we all ate ourselves sick.  Breakfast was my Sausage Gray & Biscuits.  Jeremy's parents, who were camping with us, had never had sausage gravy and biscuits and fell in love with them.

We had more wood than we knew what to do with, and had the most fantastic fires Friday night and Saturday morning. With those fantastic fires came a really hot ring, that I accidentally touched with the back of my calf. OUCH!

All in all, despite the rain, it was SO much fun. I cannot wait for the next camping trip and my fingers are crossed the weather will be better.

Broccoli Salad
3 large crowns of broccoli - cut into florets
1 red onion - finely diced (optional)
1.5 lbs raw bacon - cooked and crumbled
1.5 cups mayo
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vingear
Salt & Pepper

Mix everything together, chill and serve.

I need to tweak this, I think it needed a bit more sugar, so feel free to play with the measurements and let me know how you tweaked it.

No comments: