Friday, August 05, 2011

Anxious and Excited. Tri time tomorrow!

My triathlon is tomorrow. I am nervous, anxious, and excited. I know I can finish it, I know it is going to be a challenge. I have prepared to the best of my ability while keeping my mind in the "keep it fun" mode.
What has me the most nervous is that I am going to miss a turn on the course. I know the likely hood is pretty slim, and that the course will be very well marked.  So it is only a small anxiety, but it is there non-the-less.
I can't wait. Is it Saturday yet?

2 comments:

Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life said...

Whenever I have a small anxiety like that I do the "and then what's the worst thing that could happen?" and keep doing it until you get to the "ultimate worst thing" and then you realize there's nothing to REALLY be nervous about because it's not a big deal.

For example, what's the WORST thing that could happen if you miss a turn? Your time is disqualified? What's the worst thing that could happen if your time is disqualified? You don't have an official time but you enjoy your time on the course because you're in the keep it fun mode anyway.

HAVE FUNNNNN!

Unknown said...

haha I don't want to disqualify, but I think if I get lost, all it will do is give me a REALLY LONG TIME haha

I can't wait :-)