Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thai Quinoa Salad aka Quinoa Pow!

Another attempt at a quinoa salad was a Thai quinoa salad with red quinoa. My friends all advised serving the dish heated, but I found it inedible heated. I have since found out that red quinoa, the quinoa I used for this dish, is best when rinsed prior to cooking. Next time I will try that, and see if it improves the heated flavor for me.

Thai Quinoa Salad aka Quinoa Pow!

1 cup dried red quinoa
2 cups water
1 can coconut milk
1-2 TBS Thai red curry paste
4-6 ounces pea pods, sliced

Cover the quinoa and allow to soak for a few minutes before draining and covering with clean water to cook. Cook for 12 minutes, remove from heat, and fluff with fork. Set aside.
Meanwhile, mix the coconut milk and curry paste until smooth. Toss in the peas.
While the quinoa is still warm, add the coconut milk mixture. Serve immediately, or allow to cool prior to serving.

No comments: