Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tri tri again

I am one and a half weeks away from the Stoaked Standard Triathlon and I have been busting my butt with training. Some days I feel like I am not giving it my all, like on my rest days, and then there are days like today where I know I am giving it my all.  I spent 30 minutes on the recumbent bike and was cooking on a hill program, with the RPM never dropping below 100 and even hitting 150 at times. It was hot and sweaty and I immediately hopped on the treadmill for another 5 minutes. Five minutes isn' that long, but it was the first time I had a chance to go from a bike ride to a run that quickly. It was a challenge, but doable.
Tonight was the weekly fun run at the Three Stallion Inn and I tackled two miles, running 1.5 miles without stopping and then switching to a walk/run to finish the last half mile.  This was done in only 25m34s which made me extremely happy.
I am feeling better and better about my goal of finishing the triathlon in one piece!

2 comments:

Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life said...

Don't think you're not giving it your all on rest days. Rest days are the MOST important days of training!

You will do great and I can't wait to hear all about it! :)

Unknown said...

I think is feeling the pinch if time slipping away that makes the rest days feel like I am not working hard enough. But they do make me feel stronger and faster when I workout the day after.