Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Foodie PenPals - October

A little over 2 months ago, I signed up for something Foodie PenPals. Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean and Allie over at Healthy Balance, Healthy Lifecame up with the idea for people who blog and people who read blogs to be part of a penpal style exchange of foodie items! It has introduced me to many new blogs that I love. 
The deal is this: 
- Sign up by a certain date. (November 4th if you want in on the next round! Email Lindsay your name, email, blog, and twitter.) 
- Get your penpal on the 5th of the month
- Email your penpal to swap info 
- Send a package of foodie items by the 15th of the month to your penpal. There is a $15 limit, and it must include something written. 
- Post a blog of what you got the last day of the month.

I sent a package over to Sarah at Sarah Snacks, check out what I sent her!


I was paired with Jill, who sent me a seriously awesome package. We emailed back and forth a bit and I couldn't wait to get it! Check out my goodies! 


I don't know who was more excited, me or my boyfriend! He worked for several years in an Asian restaurant that served more authentic cuisine. He cannot wait to cook me dinner with some of these ingredients.

Pocky - a cracker like cookie dipped in a strawberry yogurt.
Bear Naked Heavenly Chocolate Granola - I had to swat his hand away, telling him he couldn't have any until I did! Boy, was it delicious :-)
Crimson Cup - coffee! Holy YUM! This was one delicious cup of coffee. 
Hoisin Sauce - Jeremy can't wait to cook me something yummy. I can't wait to use it with the recipe that Jill enclosed!
Skyline Chili - loved Jill's note: Is this chili awesome? No, but it is what people think of when they think chili in the area.
Golden Curry - Jeremy can't wait to whip something up
Udon Noodles - He tells me he already has something in mind. I can't wait to share what!

The Pocky and Bear Naked is all but gone already, the coffee has been seriously dipped into. Now we just need a quiet night at home to do some cooking!
Thanks Jill! 

2 comments:

Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life said...

Sweeeeet! Enjoy the meals that will be prepared for you!

Unknown said...

I totally will!