Friday, June 14, 2013

Remembering to Rest

This week has been about remembering to rest. After Saturday's 10k and my near fall, my body hasn't been in the best of states.  My hip still bothers me and while I want to push, I will get further from a rest. 
I was supposed to run Monday but canceled that when I realized it was league night for disc golf. Disc golf was hard enough on my body, I had to stop playing as the approach for the drives was making my hip hurt. Took Tuesday off completely hanging at home on the couch.  I was determined that I could do the fun run on Wednesday. I ran 2.5 miles before my feet just wouldn't pick up and I had to walk the last half mile.  I could feel my hip starting to hurt and when I got up the next morning it was sore.  So I took Thursday off from volleyball and all activity other than walking to and from work. Tonight was a nice easy game of disc golf, not sure what tomorrow will bring, but I do need to get at least a walk in.
Rest is not always convenient but always necessary.  Its okay to push but its important to know the difference between pushing through the pain and pushing towards an injury.

No comments: