Thursday, April 23, 2009

B-day Dinner at Moms

Tonight was my birthday dinner up at Mom's. It was fantastic! We had filet mignon on the grill with sauteed onions and mushrooms, baked potatoes and a killer salad. The meal was ended with angel food cake, strawberries, and vanilla ice cream.
Joe and Mel were there, and they got me this really neat watering can planter with cala lily bulbs! I cannot wait to get it planted and watch it grow. I love all types of lilys so it couldn't have been more perfect.
I got money from Lynda, which is always a hit, and a hilarious card!
The best came from Mom. There was a print titled Cape Cod Summer with a mermaid and an octopus entwined hanging on the wall at the cottage on the Cape that I have always loved.

My cousin Launi and I both wanted it, so it was decided to leave the print at the cottage. As much as we both wanted it, we knew to be fair, neither of us should have it. For the past 3 years I have been looking online trying to find the print; a couple of months ago I actually found it! It is done by Winnie Fitch, and while it is a poster, and not an original print, it is still amazing. My mom got it mounted on a board with a black border and I have it hanging in my living room as I type! I was super stoked. It evokes such memory and emotion for me.

Launi's birthday is coming up, and Mom had an identical one made for her! I can't wait until she gets it. It should be soon as Mom already mailed it to her.

No comments: