Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Walking and Fishing (oh yeah and lots of animals)

Yesterday morning, I got up early and went for an awesome walk with Mom. We went through the fields behind her house, up to the fields next to the interstate. It was a great walk, and I didn't overdo it. We planted the phlox that Jeremy and I gave her for her birthday and got some plants watered.

For lunch, we made a killer juice. It was my favorite by far! Beets, carrots, apples, celery, cucumber, ginger, and cranberries! Very filling. Mom made some coleslaw while I started on the hummus. It was SOOOO tasty.

Hummus
3 cups chick peas
3 TBS tahini
1/2 cup lemon juice
4 cloves of garlic
2 TBS olive oil
2 pinches of salt

Place all items in a food processor and blend until smooth. ENJOY!
You can add anything at all to enhance the hummus, sundried tomatos, fire roasted peppers, roasted garlic, olives, etc.

I covered work for about 45 minutes while people had training, then was off with Jeremy to pick up my fishing license at his sisters and go fishing! On our way home from his sisters we almost hit a moose! It was getting ready to walk into the road and I screamed at Jeremy to stop. It just stood in the road adn looked at us before turning around walking away. Just down the little slope into the field was its baby.

While at the river, Jeremy jumped out of his skin when a beaver slapped the water. He told me it sounded like a kid doing a canonball, when we heard it again not 5 minutes later.

With all the fun and all the animals, the one thing we never saw was a fish. Better luck next time!

2 comments:

~Creating a dream~ said...

We need to find a place to go fishing!!! Im jealous about seeing the Moose too - its been forever since I have seen one!

Unknown said...

I am so up for fishing! There are so many lakes and ponds and rivers between us to go.
Jeremy and I are going tomorrow after work, you are welcome to join us, but we are going in Bethel.