Thursday, July 02, 2009

Why I am taking part in Operation Beautiful

I elected to participate in Operation Beautiful because fat talk is a huge problem in our society. It doesn't just affect teens, but little girls and adults. Six and seven year olds shouldn't be walking around shirts designed to show off their navel, while girls of the same age group who are stronger shouldn't feel ashamed to go to run around on the playground.
If you go by the BMI, I am considered obese. I don't act it, I don't let it affect how I choose to live my life. I am currently working to lose weight to become healthier, I don't want to suffer from diabetes or heart problems if i can help it. I have healthy goals and healthy expectations. I don't look in the mirror and say "I look fat today," I look in the mirror and say "I look good today." I want other people to be happy with who they are, and to really take a healthy view to changing things that they are unhappy with.
We are all beautiful and don't need to be a size 2 to realize it, or even a size 12.
Operation Beautiful

No comments: